SquidInk Copilot 128
SQUID INK DELIVERS WHAT YOU NEED
The CoPilot 128 ink jet printing system offers the durability, versatility and productivity that users have come to rely on from Squid Ink. Whether you are printing lot codes on coated cartons, bar codes on corrugate cases, or product information and logos on PVC pipe you’re sure to find the right solution with Squid Ink’s new CoPilot 128.
INDUSTRIAL DESIGN, USER FLEXIBILITY
The system is capable of running our extensive library of oil-based, solvent-based, or UV curable inks to print up to 185 dpi at 135ft/min on a variety of substrates. For non-porous applications, users have the option of utilizing Squid Ink’s solvent-based or UV curable inks to print on a variety of non-porous products like coated cartons, plastics, glass, shrink wrap, metals, and more. Squid Ink also offers pigmented inks for printing on dark colored objects. Squid Ink’s PZ-1000 ink for porous substrates offers ultra-low maintenance, eliminating the need for auto-priming functions and offering better ink utilization than competitive systems.
PRINTING MADE EASY
CoPilot 128’s 4.3” full color touchscreen provides access to the system’s internal messages and print functions.
Messages are created and edited on Squid Ink’s easy-to-use Orion™ PC Software and transferred via USB, ethernet, wireless, or optional Windows® tablet. The tablet is ideal for users who want message creation and editing functionality on the production floor. For larger applications, an unlimited number of CoPilot 128 printing systems can be connected via ethernet or wireless network and controlled through one central Orion™ PC.
MAXIMIZE YOUR UPTIME
The CoPilot 128 is designed to meet the harsh demands of your application. The printer features a durable touchscreen, industrial strength printhead construction, and simple ink delivery system designed for industrial applications, not office applications. You can be confident that CoPilot 128’s
rugged design will withstand the most abusive industrial environments while providing superior quality print. The CoPilot also features a large 500ml cartridge or bag ink system. The generous ink volume allows users to keep their line running, reducing downtime and maximizing ROI.
INK JET CODING AT THE RIGHT PRICE
As one of the newest additions to Squid Ink’s complete line of marking and coding systems, the CoPilot 128 gives users more choices for their coding applications. Any way you look at it, Squid Ink’s CoPilot 128 provides users with an affordable solution to meet their ink jet coding needs.
THE RIGHT SOLUTION
Rugged design. Low maintenance operation. User friendly software. Low cost of ownership. Your benefits go on an on.
When it comes to industrial ink jet printing, rely on Squid Ink to provide the right solution for your coding and marking needs.
• Print Technology – Piezo impulse printhead technology
• Maximum Print Height – .7” (1.8 cm) per printhead
• Vertical Print Resolution – 185 dpi capable of printing razor-sharp graphics, small character text, and scannable bar codes
• Horizontal Print Resolution – 205 dpi
• Print Speed – Up to 135 feet/min. (41 m/min.) @ 205 dpi standard, optional high speed printhead up to 200 feet/min (60 m/min)
• Time & Date – Internal real time clock with battery back-up
• Product Sensor – External diffuse beam photocell standard
• Communication Interface – One USB host and one Ethernet input
• Touchscreen – 4.3” (10.9 cm) full color touchscreen display
• Ink Cartridge Volume – 500ml cartridge or bag
• Low Ink Indicator – Status alert on touchscreen, LED light beacon optional
• Substrate Capabilities – Porous or Non-Porous surfaces
• Electrical Requirements – 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
• Operating Environment – 34°F – 104°F (1° – 40°C)
• Agency Certifications – CE, TUV, FCC
ORION SOFTWARE SPECIFICATIONS
• Time & Date – Full time and date functionality including expiration date and Julian Dates.
• Item Numbering – Sixteen counters, one of which can be a daily counter and production counter
• Shift Codes – Four programmable shift codes with automatic rollover
• Bar Codes – All standard bar codes including 2D
• Fonts – Arial, Arial Bold, Arial International, Arial Monospaced, Courier, Tahoma Bold and Lucida resident fonts for use in variable data elements. Static elements in any Windows® font
• Logos – Most image files supported with Orion Graphical Interface Software
• Printing Features – Reverse, invert, rotate, repeat. Print on/off button
• Message Length – Up to 180” (4.5 m)
• Number of Messages – 4GB storage space will store approximately 1000+ messages
• Ink Usage – Shown in Orion™ PC Software
• User Data Prompts – Prompts for user input at start of print job by manual input on touchscreen
• Bluetooth Connectivity – For connectivity with Bluetooth keyboards
• Wireless Connectivity – For wireless connection between PC or tablet and printer controller
• Database Capability – Ethernet communication protocol for external communication
• Languages – English, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian
• High Speed Printhead – Up to 200 feet/min (60 m/min)
• Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
• Bar Code Laser Scanner – Allows scan and print message retrieval
• External Light Beacon – Indicates low ink levels
• Wireless USB Device and Router – For wireless connectivity
• Windows Tablet – Pre-loaded with Orion software; includes mounting bracket with swivel arm, USB to ethernet cable and stylus
• Conveyor Mounting Bracket – Provides stable mount to conveyor or other material handling equipment
• Floorstand – Includes mounting brackets and legs with leveling feet; 59” (1.5m) total height
• Pigmented Ink Agitation System – Allows for printing with pigmented inks
• Starter Kit – Includes ink, cleaner and flush solution, printhead wipes, hand cleaner and latex gloves