SquidInk Copilot 500
MORE OPTIONS, BETTER PRINT
Squid Ink’s CoPilot 500 printing system is designed to print superior quality hi-resolution with up to 2.8” of print height per printhead and the ability to run up to 2 printheads from one controller. The CoPilot 500 offers a versatile, yet cost effective solution for your coding and marking applications.
SIMPLE TO USE CONTROL INTERFACE
CoPilot 500’s 4.3” full color touchscreen provides access to the system’s internal messages and print functions.
Messages are created and edited on Squid Ink’s easy-to-use Orion™ PC Software and transferred via USB, ethernet, wireless, or optional Windows® tablet. The tablet is ideal for users who want message creation and editing functionality on the production floor. For larger applications, an unlimited number of CoPilot 500 printing systems can be connected via ethernet or wireless network and controlled through one central Orion™ PC.
The system is capable of printing up to 5.6” (2.8” from a single head) of hi-resolution characters, razor-sharp text, scannable bar codes, and great looking logos at 185 dpi and up to 205fpm. For faster applications, the CoPilot 500HS will print at speeds up to 300fpm at 185dpi. Squid Ink’s
PZ-1000 ink for porous substrates offers ultra-low maintenance, eliminating the need for auto-priming functions and offering better ink utilization than competitive systems.
ENGINEERED FOR MAXIMUM UPTIME
The CoPilot 500 is designed to meet the harsh demands of your application. The printer features a durable touchscreen, industrial strength printhead construction, and simple ink delivery system for industrial applications. You can be confident that CoPilot 500’s rugged design will withstand the most abusive industrial environments while providing superior quality print. The CoPilot 500 also features a large 500ml cartridge. The generous ink volume allows users to keep their line running, reducing downtime and maximizing ROI.
INK JET CODING AT THE RIGHT PRICE
The CoPilot 500 lets users meet the GS1 barcode specification for less. CoPilot 500 consumable costs are typically 1/10 of the cost of paper labels and eliminate pre-printed cartons and SKUs of label inventory. Any way you look at it, Squid Ink’s CoPilot 500 provides users with an affordable solution to meet their ink jet coding needs.
THE RIGHT SOLUTION
Rugged design. Low maintenance operation. User friendly software. Low cost of ownership. Your benefits go on and on. When it comes to industrial ink jet printing, rely on Squid Ink to provide the right solution for your coding and marking needs.
• Print Technology – Piezo impulse printhead technology
• Maximum Print Height – 2.8” (7.1 cm) per printhead, 5.6” (14.2 cm) total
• Vertical Print Resolution – 185 dpi capable of printing razor-sharp graphics, small character text, and scannable bar codes
• Horizontal Print Resolution – 205 dpi
• Print Speed – CoPilot 500 – Up to 205feet/min; CoPilot 500HS – Up to 300 feet/min
• Time & Date – Internal real time clock with battery back-up
• Product Sensor – External diffuse beam photocell standard
• Communication Interface – One USB host and one Ethernet input
• Touchscreen – 4.3” (10.9 cm) full color touchscreen display
• Ink Cartridge Volume – 500ml cartridge
• Low Ink Indicator – Status alert on touchscreen, LED light beacon optional
• Substrate Capabilities – Porous surfaces
• Electrical Requirements – 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
• Operating Environment – 34°F – 104°F (1° – 40°C)
• Agency Certifications – CE, TUV, FCC
• Time & Date – Full time and date functionality including expiration date and Julian Dates.
• Item Numbering – Sixteen counters, one of which can be a daily counter and production counter
• Shift Codes – Four programmable shift codes with automatic rollover
• Bar Codes – All standard bar codes including 2D
• Fonts – Arial, Arial Bold, Arial International, Arial Monospaced, Courier, Tahoma Bold and Lucida resident fonts for use in variable data elements. Static elements in any Windows® font
• Logos – Most image files supported with Orion Graphical Interface Software
• Printing Features – Reverse, invert, rotate, repeat; print on/off button
• Message Length – Up to 180” (4.5 m)
• Number of Messages – 4GB storage space will store approximately 1000+ messages
• Ink Usage – Shown in Orion™ PC Software
• User Data Prompts – Prompts for user input at start of print job by manual input on touchscreen
• Bluetooth Connectivity – For connectivity with Bluetooth keyboards
• Wireless Connectivity – For wireless connection between PC or tablet and printer controller
• Database Capability – Ethernet communication protocol for external communication
• Languages – English, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian
• Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
• Bar Code Laser Scanner – Allows scan and print message retrieval
• External Light Beacon – Indicates low ink levels
• Wireless USB Device and Router – For wireless connectivity
• Windows Tablet – Pre-loaded with Orion software; includes mounting bracket with swivel arm, USB to ethernet cable and stylus
• Conveyor Mounting Bracket – Provides stable mount to conveyor or other material handling equipment
• Floorstand – Includes mounting brackets and legs with leveling feet; 59” (1.5m) total height
• Starter Kit – Includes ink, cleaner and flush solution, printhead wipes, hand cleaner and latex gloves